YOU'RE LOOKING AT
THE WORLD'S BLACKEST
In stock - ready to ship!
IT'S MADE BY THE
ARTIST STUART SEMPLE
AS SEEN ON
HE MADE IT BECAUSE
ANISH KAPOOR WON'T SHARE
HIS BLACK WITH ANYONE ELSE
*Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.
SO NOW EVERYONE*
ON THE PLANET CAN USE
THE BLACKEST BLACK
We created a new resin that holds more pigment than other acrylic, capable of trapping much more light.
We developed a pigment (Black Magick) that is totally matte. (Normally black pigments are slightly shiny)
We have added a variety of brand new transparent mattifiers to flatten out stray light.
- Absorbs up to 99% of visible light
- Apply with a brush or a spray
- Works with most surfaces (wood, paper, canvas, plastic, metal, plaster etc…)
- Thins with water
- Lightfast and archival
- No need for cooking, vacuum chambers, or weapons-grade scientists
- Smells like fresh coffee
- Not available to Kapoor
Key things to remember:
- Use a nice soft brush (not a rubbish scratchy comblike one)
- Apply at room temperature 10 - 25 c ( 50 - 77 F)
- Use as little paint as possible and spread it out nicely
- Allow to dry between coats (at least two hours, overnight is better)
- Use a hairdryer to get max blackness
- Seal absorbent (porous) things with 25% PVA and 75% Water
- Prime shiny (non - absorbent) things with primer or Black 2.0