300g Original LIT
300g Blue LIT
300g Pink LIT
300g Yellow LIT
- original lit- daytime creamy white, glow phosphorescent green
- blue lit - daytime light blue, glow blue
- pink lit - daytime pinkest pink, glow hot neon peach
- yellow lit - daytime yellowest yellow, glow neon yellow
This means that the world's most potent light emitting pigments can be combined to create an almost unlimited spectrum of your own glow-in-the-dark colours!
LIT is pretty incredible stuff! It's a unique combination of colourants and naturally occurring earth elements that once charged, chuck out light like nothing else! They can glow for up to a few hours and if charged well can glow brighter than the ambient light around them. It's like light in a jar! It can be re-charged an unlimited number of times!
It's important to know that all the LIT's (apart from the classic original lit) will need UV light to charge fully, so sunlight is your best bet! Classic LIT can be charged with almost any light source - i.e your phone light, house lights etc..
What does it do?
- Unlike other glowing things, Lit can be recharged an unlimited number of times
- It's super high luminescence will often glow brighter than the ambient light around it - it glows in the day!
- After super-bright initial glow, will afterglow for up to a few hours (depending on your mix)
- Has been specially formulated to mix with SUPERBASE to create a super pigmented, mega glow paint that will stick to almost anything.
- OR mixes amazingly into resins or polyurethane varnish
- If you want to powdercoat things with it use STICK
Non toxic - contains no hazardous or radioactive substances.
Where do you use it?
Well, you need to mix it into a paint, you have a few options
- Oil paint - just mix it straight into linseed oil
- Acrylic - mix it into an acrylic base or our SUPERBASE
- Toys / miniatures / plastic stuff and fingernails - mix it directly into a clear nail varnish
- Resin - it mixes straight in
- Exterior projects - mix into a good exterior grade polyurethane varnish from your local hardware store.
How do you use it?
Important - you can't just mix this with water like Stuart's other powder paints. It needs a binder and we've designed it to work with SUPERBASE to create a highly pigmented acrylic paint that will stick to almost anything. However you can also stir it into linseed oil to create an oil paint.
TOP TIP: It's best painted over a light colour so put down a layer of white first - we recommend our saint potion (as it's really really good white paint)
Mix 1 part lit powder to 1.5 parts SUPERBASE
We recommend 3 x 150ml bottles of SUPERBASE is enough per 1 x 300g bag of Big Lit
- If you’re having trouble try adding a tiny amount of water to lit first
- Add more powder to achieve desired consistency
- (Feel free to experiment with ratios depending on your application)
- Optional - feel free to add a clearcoat or varnish to protect your final work
- Charge up with a light source.
- Watch it glow and share your work with hashtag #shareTheLight
VITAL: YOU CANNOT STORE premixed SUPERBASE and LIT.
Only mix as much as you need, you can't keep LIT once it is mixed. Even in an airtight jar the chemical reaction with SUPERBASE will make it go hard.
Non toxic - contains no hazardous or radioactive substances. but DO NOT eat it or leave it on skin please!
Don't eat it, rub it in your eyes, get it too near your mouth. Probably best not to let kids play with it without an adult helping. Don't leave it on your skin please. Have fun!