LIT XL - the world's glowiest glow pigment - 300g
We've put together a big 300g bag (that's 6 normal jar's worth!) for those that want to create bigger projects.
This is the most powerful light emitting pigment on the planet!
This creation by Stuart Semple blends some of the planet's finest light emitting pigments and rare earth activators to provide all artists* with the ultimate light emitting paint.
You can download our LIT fact sheet here :)
What does it do?
- Unlike other glowing things, Lit can be recharged an unlimited number of times
- It's super high luminescence will often glow brighter than the ambient light around it - it glows in the day!
- After super-bright initial glow, will afterglow for up to a few hours (depending on your mix)
- Has been specially formulated to mix with SUPERBASE to create a super pigmented, mega glow paint that will stick to almost anything.
- OR mixes amazingly into resins or polyurethane varnish
- If you want to powdercoat things with it use STICK
Non toxic - contains no hazardous or radioactive substances.
Where do you use it?
Well, you need to mix it into a paint, you have a few options
- Oil paint - just mix it straight into linseed oil
- Acrylic - mix it into an acrylic base or our SUPERBASE
- Toys / miniatures / plastic stuff and fingernails - mix it directly into a clear nail varnish
- Resin - it mixes straight in
- Exterior projects - mix into a good exterior grade polyurethane varnish from your local hardware store.
How do you use it?
Important - you can't just mix this with water like Stuart's other powder paints. It needs a binder and we've designed it to work with SUPERBASE to create a highly pigmented acrylic paint that will stick to almost anything. However you can also stir it into linseed oil to create an oil paint.
TOP TIP: It's best painted over a light colour so put down a layer of white first - we recommend our saint potion (as it's really really good white paint)
- Mix 1 part lit powder to 1.5 parts SUPERBASE
- We recommend 3 x 150ml bottles of SUPERBASE is enough per 1 x 300g bag of Big Lit
- If you’re having trouble try adding a tiny amount of water to lit first
- Add more powder to achieve desired consistency
- (Feel free to experiment with ratios depending on your application)
- Optional - feel free to add a clearcoat or varnish to protect your final work
- Charge up with a light source.
- Watch it glow and share your work with hashtag #shareTheLight
Don't eat it, rub it in your eyes, get it too near your mouth. Probably best not to let kids play with it without an adult helping.
*Especially Anish Kapoor. If you are Anish Kapoor, can prove you are associated with Anish Kapoor or to the best of your knowledge information and belief this substance is going to make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor, your order will be free! We want you to know how lovely it feels to #shareTheLight