We are so excited to share this material with you all as it opens up a whole new world of uses for all our powders!
It's now possible to powder coat just about any surface with pure pigments and powders without having to mix them into a paint.
This means you can get new effects out of the LIT glowing pigments, the colouriest powder colours and all the glitters.
If you do want to turn the powders we make into paint - you'll be wanting to mix them into our superbase.
WHAT IS IT?
- Stick is a special adhesive, it looks milky when you apply it but once it drys it turns completely transparent.
- It is designed specifically for powder coating, and will stay sticky (active) forever or until it is coated with powder.
- It's a super economical way to use your powders because it enables you to make layers that are one particle thick!
- A little goes a long way so the 30ml bottle should last you for ages - a good guestimate is that one bottle will cover about 2m square (maybe more depending on how thick you apply it and how porous your surface is)
HOW DO I USE IT?
- Simple! Use a paintbrush and paint a thin coat of stick on anywhere you want to powder coat (metal, wood, paper, canvas, plastic, glass)
- Leave it for about 10 mins. Then add another thin coat.
- Leave it to dry again.
- Then, using a foam brush, our wand or a cotton bud (q-tip) apply your powder to Stick. Shake off any excess.
- If you like you can always add a varnish or topcoat if you really want to protect it!
- Anything you get Stick on will be super sticky FOREVER. This stuff is seriously sticky.
- Don't drink it
- Don't get it in your eyes.
- If you are playing with loose powders it's always a good idea to wear a mask.
Here's a little video where Stuart show's how it's done!
Have fun with it and don't forget to show us your work on Instagram! @culturehustle