in stock & fast shipping
Protective mattifying membrane (top coat varnish)
You've been asking for the ultimate matte varnish, something that can paint over almost anything, protect it, something weather-proof, scratch resistant and transparent enough to keep colour integrity.
We are super-excited to finally release COAT, a truly awesome protective mattifying membrane.
By combining the clearest acrylic polymers and a new blend of mattifyers we've created an exceptional matte varnish.
Simply brush apply or spray it over your finished works to give them a durable flat matte finish.
- Use it inside or OUTSIDE
- Won't yellow over time
- Ultra-flat, super clear matte finish
- Water-based and non-toxic
- Add scratch-resistant durability to vulnerable surfaces
- Adheres to almost any surface, canvas, paper, metal, wood, glass, acrylic paint, spraypaint.
TO USE IT:
- Shake the bottle well
- Apply over dry finished work with a soft brush (a thin layer is recommended)
- Apply a second coat if required (ensure first coat is fully dry)
- To spray - dilute with 25-30% water, use a spray bottle or airbrush
- Wash brushes with warm water
IMPORTANT - if you're using coat over Black 2.0, be a little bit mindful that there is nothing as matte as Black 2.0, so coat will diminish the velvety effect of 2.0 a bit. However it is way way way better than any other matte coat out there!
We also advise against using it over Black 3.0 as it would take away its black hole effect!
Please note that our formula has had a slight tweak and now produces a more matte effect on the majority of materials. Coat was designed for going over acrylic paints on a variety of common surfaces, however if you wish to use Coat on Reborn dolls, please be aware that it may not produce the same effect, which may not give the desired skin-like texture that you might want, due to the material the dolls are made from.